You can win the rat race but you’re still a rat.
The human race is an unfair and stupid competition. A lot of the runners don’t even get decent sneakers or clean drinking water.
Some runners are born with a massive head start, every possible help along the way and still the referees seem to be on their side.
It’s not surprising a lot of people have given up competing altogether and gone to sit in the grandstand, eat junk food and shout abuse.
What we need in this race is a lot more streakers.
1 Comment »
“And some just went insane, followed the black-light arrow around the bend and took possession of the madness that had been waiting there in trust for them…”
— Michael Herr Dispatches
It’s a blog. Stuff I wanna say. That’s about it.
Interviews & Reviews of my writing:
Daily Mirror Review
Sunday Times Review
Interview by Sanjana Hattotuwa
Sunday Observer Interview
Sunday Leader Interview
Sunday Leader 5-Minute Interview
- Father-to-be sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/27/fat… https://t.co/yr2gn8ly18 1 day ago
- Seal Team 6 market visit https://t.co/g1IrJ0Dxyb 3 days ago
- The Age of Enlightenment sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/24/the… https://t.co/DIOANpKM67 4 days ago
- The Ohiya Gap, Central Highlands, Sri Lanka #3 sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/the… https://t.co/lCsSGkKkjD 5 days ago
- Flutes & Drums,@Anuradhapura sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/flu… https://t.co/rsN5VrxTcY 6 days ago
- Boiling Silver sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/21/boi… https://t.co/j7AANhGYXG 1 week ago
- a fascinating American view from 2014 of the woman now being called the Leader of the Free World newyorker.com/magazine/2014/… via @newyorker 1 week ago
- A Cartoon from The New Yorker newyorker.com/cartoons/a18697 via @newyorker 1 week ago
- Six-Hundred Metres and One-Hundred and Thirty-Three Years Apart sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/six… https://t.co/WOunPFYYxf 1 week ago
- Hiking the Devil’s Staircase sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/17/hik… https://t.co/FRD7Q44zDc 1 week ago
- Face #87 sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/16/fac… https://t.co/StsSiRHCbw 1 week ago
- The Garden of Temptation sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/15/the… https://t.co/OIk9e6AYyC 1 week ago
- Paryer Flags at the Jetawanaramaya sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/14/par… https://t.co/GNkrADLVeh 2 weeks ago
- The Devil’s Cricket Team sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/the… https://t.co/EhRIyrKSNy 2 weeks ago
- Gold Medal sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/12/gol… https://t.co/QnT50zfinC 2 weeks ago
- Dawla Drummer, Sri Maha Bodhiya,@Anuradhapura sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/10/daw… https://t.co/nWtCTw2mlh 2 weeks ago
- "Live by the sword, die by the spear." -- Viking saying 2 weeks ago
- Morning Over the Kelani Valley sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/09/mor… https://t.co/EQLUmiiTge 2 weeks ago
- Morning Traffic on the Devil’s Staircase sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/08/mor… https://t.co/gBQfAajw51 2 weeks ago
- Childhood Interrupted #3 sonofthemorninglight.wordpress.com/2017/03/07/chi… https://t.co/svNNBYE73Q 3 weeks ago
The Limits of State… on Lies and a Tiger — How a… David Blacker on Parama Weera Rak on Parama Weera David Blacker on Parama Weera David Blacker on Parama Weera
Snap Shot?'57 Chevrolet Bel Air 53rd Division 55th Division 57th Division 58th Division 59th Division advertising advertising awards Afghanistan Arundhati Roy beach Blogging Carol Shelby cars Chillies classic car replicas Colombo Colombo Car Show Commandos driving Eelam Elephant Pass ethnic conflict Galle Galle Literary Festival Gay Gemunu Watch Germany GoSL Government of Sri Lanka guilt heartbreak hope IDPs IEDs Iraq JVP Kilinochchi kit cars Light Infantry Literature loss Love LTTE Mahinda Rajapakse Mercenaries MIA Mini Mullaitivu No Fire Zone Peace Phoenix Ogilvy PMCs Python racism RV Dynamics Sex Sinha Rifles SL Army SL Navy snipers Special Forces Sri Lanka Tamils Tanya Task Force 1 Task Force 2 Task Force 3 Task Force 4 Unawatuna US Army UTHR(J) Report No 34 Vince Wright War war crimes
- #2 (no title)
- Civilians & Civilizations
Site infothe Blacklight Arrow
Blog at WordPress.com.